17 August 2008

What Chesna Does In The Shower

Peace & Blessings,

Now you know that this is a PG-13 blog (smile) so if you came here expecting something raunchy and crass, all I can say to you is get your mind out of the gutter! I love to STRETCH in the shower, especially after a strenuous workout.

Think about it for a moment. The best time to stretch is when your muscles and joints are warm so why not use your shower or bath time to help relieve tight muscles? When showering, I like to stretch my hamstrings by turning away from the shower head, crossing one foot over the other, bending the knee of the forward foot and hinging forward (bending from the hips, not curling the back) while using my front thigh as support. Sometimes, I stand with my ankles together, turn my head to the side (so as to avoid getting water in my nose) and touch the floor of the tub with my palms. I did these this morning after my workout and it made a big difference.

Reach out to me if you'd like to try the stretch(es) but suffer from back pain. And yes, you can stretch immediately after your shower if you prefer.

keep it moving y'all

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! No less than the most family friendly thoughts ever entered any of my fellow bloggers minds, I asure you!

Now onto business! I truly thought I was the only person who stretched in the shower. I have to agree that its a great time to loosen up those muscles when they've got that warm water massaging them. Its always felt very natural for me to do so.

Listen up America! We're starting a new trend in fitness! Shower Power!

Thanks for always keeping it real Chesna!

- Ian

Ben @ Big Piece of Chicken said...

My shower is barely big enough to raise my arms... it's a stall. Any advice for me