09 August 2008

Breakfast of Champions: Saturday

It's Saturday and I'm feeling particuarly lazy today. By the time I got it together this morning, I did not have time to fix breakfast. My solution: Whole Paycheck. I stopped there in the hopes of finding fresh chicken and vegetable soup. Well, my timing was right on because there was a full crock of it waiting just for me. I helped myself to 16 oz and ordered a few slices of turkey breast. I did not have my usual cup of green tea until lunch time today.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I would begin to experiement with the all-natural sweetener Stevia. Today, I realized that I never shared my experiences with you. I found Stevia Extract in vanilla flavor at Whole Paycheck. It's extremely sweet so I caution you to use it sparingly. So far, I've tried it in oatmeal and herbal tea. The vanilla flavor enhanced the taste of both. Give it a try and let us know what you think. Please note, diabetics and people with blood sugar problems should consult a physician before using it.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Hi chesna,
Rock on girl! Love the fact that you are encouraging the use of Stevia instead of its foe sucralose otherwise known as "Splenda". I've also been into health and fitness for years, it's actually a way of life for me. Eat, sleep, and breathe it. Anyway I agree that stevia is very sweet so a little goes a long way. Did not know it came in a flavor though but I will be looking into that for my own use. Here is some advice that you can pass along to any of your clients if you wish. I've also tried it and it works hoodoba hoodia for controlling appetite. It's a trusted tradename and it is the absolute real deal. Given that it also has a satisfactory rating as far as side effects goes I though you might like to know that it can be incorporated with just about any weight-loss program. Watch out for knock off though they are everywhere. Check it out if you like.