05 August 2008

Breakfast of Champions: Tuesday

Hello fellow fitness enthusiasts (and aspiring fitness enthusiasts)! This is day 2 of my breakfast entries. I did not have the time to whip up a fancy breakfast this morning so I got it on the run from a local deli. I ordered a grilled chicken breast, seasoned with lemon, herbs and garlic, on a whole grain, scooped-out bagel. Yes, a bagel! It's all about moderation. My beverage was 12 oz. of decaf green tea. Stay tuned for tomorrow's breakfast as I'll have the time to get creative with my meal.

In case you're wondering, I do not object to an occasional bagel as long as it is made from whole grains and eaten without butter, cheeses, etc. When consuming a bagel, be sure to include some type of clean protein to help stabilize your blood sugar.

My exercise for today: Power walking for 5 miles and lots of stretching

No comments: