27 July 2008

The late, great Morjorie Newlin

This one is for all of you who think it's too late to start an exercise program....Check this out!

www.momsonthemove.com/show_detail.asp?id=45

Ok....I hope that clip inspired you! Morjorie died this past February, may she rest in peace, but what she represents lives on. It is never too late to start a workout program. Morjorie started in her 70's. Please consult your physician if you would like to start an exercise program.

As promised, I'm going to share my thoughts on aspartame; Don't consume it! Why? Because I said so (how many of you have heard that as a kid?)! Seriously, aspartame breaks down into unhealthy acids in the body. Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners can cause a host of symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, heart palpitations, joint pain and weight gain to name a few. And according to Young & Young, authors of The pH Miracle, artificial sweeteners can trigger or worsen fibromyalgia, diabetes, MS and Alzheimer's.

High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is a sugar substitute that is used in practically everything these days. Start reading food labels the next time you're in the local supermarket and you'll see what I mean. Manufacturers use it because it is cheaper and sweeter than sugar. The problem, however, is that it's been associated with obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

Dr. Ann Louise Gittleman wrote a good book called Get The Sugar Out. According to her, HFCS is a sweetener your body doesn't recognize as a sugar and "by replacing sugar with HFCS, you can override your body's natural ability to feel full, so you eat more."

I've been experimenting with an all-natural sweetener called Stevia. I'll give you the 411 in my next post. It's time for me to do my PM stretch....

No comments: